The next time you visit the grocery checkout line, glance over and check out a few magazine headlines. Then ask yourself, “Should a 14-year old see this?”
By the time it’s your turn to check out, you may realize: there is a totally huge need to keep our students ONCOURSE.
ONCOURSE, the official magazine of Assemblies of God national youth ministries, is aimed squarely at students age 13-18. OC is all about being relevant to today’s culture — and having the guts to take a stand for making the right choice — no matter what the crowd says. Using edgy features and in-your-face graphics, OC tackles everything today’s student faces — from biblical truth to ethics … sexuality to dating … from giving to missions to becoming a campus missionary — it is all in there. The mag is loaded with straight-up advice and godly perspectives on real-life, relevant issues.
It’s OC’s mission to empower students to grow in a real-life relationship with Christ. OC is all about providing students the 4-1-1 to filter pop culture, follow Christ and fulfill His Great Commission.
ONCOURSE, the print magazine, is published quarterly, and has a readership of over 160,000. OC is available free to youth ministries who request bulk subscriptions.
And while you’re checking us out, visit our Web site at oncourse.ag.org for a little taste of something different.
stuff you should know about oc
- OC sends out on average 160,000 copies per quarter across the nation to churches and ministries who request it.
- OC’s target audience is students 13 to 18 years old.
- OC is available free to youth ministries who request bulk subscriptions.
- ONCOURSE is distributed free at concerts and youth conventions, special youth events across the nation.
- OC is distributed each year at Gospel Music Week in Nashville, Tennessee
- On Course web site averages between 3,000 and 4,000 visits per month. Growth in our web site traffic from 2006 to 2007: 50 percent.
put yourself in print with oc
Advertise your product, service or event with OC. What better way to get directly into the hands of students across the nation! Advertising space is available on a first-come, first-served basis, and when it’s gone, it’s gone. This opportunity is too good to miss so act now!
[Note: Special placement on the inside front page, two-page spreads, back page and back cover is also available in limited quantities. Contact the advertising coordinator for details.]
fine arts special edition
This special issue of OC is printed back to back with our Fine Arts Festival Schedule book and go directly into the hands of each of our registrants. Last year we ran out of the 15,000 copies that were produced. To read more about Fine Arts Festival, log on to faf.ag.org.
personalized ink jet messages
Send out your personalized message to teens in designated regions of the U.S. This is a great opportunity to plug special events and make reference to your ad. Messages must be 40 words or less and be received by ad due dates. Back page advertisers will receive a complimentary message, if they choose to provide it with their ad. AG schools’ messages will be restricted to non-purchased districts.
web banner ads
Reserve ad space in all print issues, and receive a banner ad on the On Course Web site oncourse.ag.org and Student Discipleship Web site FREE for 3 months. Banner ads may be purchased alone or with the reservation of less than four print ads. Advertisers must design and submit complete banner ads by the Web deadlines indicated in order to ensure posting of the ad. Banner ads will set up to appear at random whenever a user loads a new page of the Web site.
Advertise with OC!
Contact the ONCOURSE Advertising Coordinator Jennie Olson for details.
ONCOURSE AD RATES FOR SPRING 2008-WINTER 2009 ISSUES
- Full-Page Ad (ONCOURSE)$3650
- Half-Page Ad$2000
- 1/3-Page Ad$1550
- ¼-Page Ad$1800
- Ink Jet Message$600
- *Web Banner Advertisement$400
- On Course Web site 30-Second Video$600
preferred placement ads
- Back Cover$5700
- Center 2-page spread inside front$7700
- Center 2-page spread$8300
- Front-Inside Cover$4800
- Front-Inside Back Cover$4000
ONCOURSE AD RATES FOR FINE ARTS 2010 SPECIAL EDITION
(15,000 COPIES GOING TO EVERY FAF REGISTRANT)
- Full-Page Color Ad (NFAF program side)$1800
- Half-Page Color Ad (NFAF program side)$950
- Front-Inside Cover (NFAF program side)$4500
- Full-Page Color Ad (ONCOURSE side)$1800
- Half-Page Color Ad (ONCOURSE side)$950
- Front-Inside Cover (ONCOURSE side)$4500
ALL multiple issue reservations received before Feb. 15th will be entitled to an automatic additional 5% discount on all ads purchased. (Including Fine Arts Festival Special Edition). After the Feb 15 deadline standard 5% multiple issue discount will apply. Package deals for FAF Charlotte ‘08 exhibitors are available.
All contracts are in .pdf form. Instructions are listed on the contracts.
Ad Size With Bleeds Without Bleeds Trim (inches) 1/4 Page Horizontal: 49 x 18 42.5 x 13.5 8 x 2 11/16 1/4 Page Block: 32 x 25.5 28 x 21 1/3 Page 17.5 x 66.25 13.5 x 58 2 11/16 x 10 3/4 1/2 Page 49 x 33 42.5 x 28.5 8 x 5 5/16 Full Page 49 x 66.25 42.5 x 58 8 x 10 3/4 Back Cover 49 x 45.25 N/A 8 x 7 1/2 Two Page Spread 98 x 66.25 85 x 58 16 x 10 3/4
Ad Dimensions PDF
Download the dimensions to your desktop or print them off!
ONCOURSE ADVERTISING Terms and Conditions
Closing Date: The last date to reserve or cancel advertising space. Advertising not confirmed in writing by the closing date will not be scheduled.
Cancellation: Neither the advertiser nor its agency may cancel or make changes in space reserved after the reservation closing date. Cancellation requests must be in writing and confirmed with advertising coordinator.
Billing: On Course advertisements that are not paid via check or credit card at time reservations are sent in will be billed via Gospel Publishing House Customer Services and are subject to GPH terms and conditions.
Availability: Advertising will be restricted to no more than 10 1/2 pages per issue and is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Discounts: Advertisers who reserve space in four issues will receive a 5% discount and a complimentary banner ad for each corresponding issue on the On Course and Student Discipleship Web site.
Special Requests: Premier placement on the inside front page, inside front or center spread or back cover is available on a first-come, first-served basis. The advertising coordinator will confirm special request placements with advertiser.
Banner Ads: Artwork for purchased or complementary banner ads is the sole responsibility of the advertiser or its agency to provide by scheduled Web deadlines. Specifications for banner ad artwork are included in the ad rate card. If complementary banner ad is not received by the scheduled deadline, it will be omitted.
Late Fees: Completed ads received after published deadlines could be subject to late fees of $50 plus 1% daily fee thereafter unless specific arrangements have been made between the advertising coordinator and the advertiser.
Ad Submissions: It is the sole responsibility of the advertiser or its agency to submit completed ads with supporting files by the deadlines and to the specifications outlined by the Publisher. In the event that materials are not received by the deadline, the Publisher reserves the right to omit the advertisement or run the advertiser's previous ad at the advertising coordinator's discretion, and as a condition of advertising, the advertiser agency agrees to pay full amount if either of these options are used.
Indemnification: All ads are accepted and published by the Publisher assuming that the agency and/or advertiser is authorized to publish the entire contents and subject matter thereof. In consideration of the Publisher's acceptance of ads for publication, the agency and advertiser, jointly and severally, will indemnify, save and protect the Publisher from any loss or expense resulting from claims or suits based upon the content of ads, including, without limitations, claims or suits for libel, violation of right of privacy, plagiarism and copyright infringement.
Ads simulating the magazine's format are not permitted. The Publisher reserves the right to place the word "advertisement" above any ad that the Publisher believes resembles editorial material.
- The Publisher reserves the right to refuse any advertisement at any time.
- The Publisher reserves the right to limit college and university advertising to schools endorsed by the Assemblies of God Commission on Christian Higher Education.
- The Publisher encourages the use of On Course-specific codes to track reader response, but is not responsible for errors in these codes.
- In the event of Publisher-error, the Publisher's liability shall not exceed the cost of the ad.
- The Publisher is not liable for mailing delays.
- The editorial staff does not proof completed ads provided by advertisers. Errors in completed ads are sole responsibility of the advertiser.
- The Publisher is not responsible for errors in ads that do not meet exact art specifications.
- The Publisher is not responsible for ads supplied without a proof